Below are some FREE short stories
NEW…Titbits & Tales from a Biba Bird
Kaftan Woman click below , my latest short is a fictional account of a girl on holiday who meets a well known author and debates an alternative ending to Frenchman’s Creek.
- Kaftan Woman
- Receipes corn beef & spanokopita pies as featured in Ruby’s New Coat
- The Marcasite Brooch
This one has been “highly commended” in a national short story competition as announced in June 2014 by www.wordsforthewounded.co.uk
- Mods & Rockers
- Happy – New short story for Autumn 2014
- The Green Car – Humorous
- Georgie Porgy – Poignant reflections of a teenager
- Escape to Runswick – Fonz goes North
- Nessun Dorma se Kriti – or – None Shall Sleep in Crete
- Humorous tale about a group of ladies on a writing course in Crete
- New Chef on the Block Impoverished widowed Mum takes a chance
- Queen of the Nile – sequel to African Queen
- The African Queen – You are never too old for romance
- Ladies on the Bus – A tale of everyday village life
- The Red Shoes that left us Red faced -The shoes were her downfall
The Walnut Tree by Carole Cliffe – 1937 -2009
Carole Cliffe was my my dearly deceased sister who after marrying, spent most of her life in various parts of Africa. She wrote this short story in 1987, so in her memory, I have added it to this site. I have kept the document in its original format and she would be chuffed to bits to see it published in some form. Perhaps she will!
Keep visiting, more tales to come soon….